My son, Ikemefuna.
I still remember the first
time we met, I was completely attracted to his eyes with the strong spirit
within it. A poor little thing that has
been taken away from his family so early in life for a crime which he had no
part in, nor any knowledge of. I
was given the responsibility to look after Ikemefuna and I took care of the lad
just like my own son although I never outwardly shows my affection. Fate is a
cruel mistress, the Oracle of the Hills and the Caves has pronounced it, concluded
that Ikemefuna must die. The moment I was told about it, I found
myself in the middle of a sadness and helpless situation but I was completely
calm and alright with the whole thing. No other choice, I have to allow them to
kill him. As the moment of the death comes nearer, I was too emotionally
affected, I tried my very best to not reveal the evil plan to Ikemefuna. He had
no idea about what is behind the plan just like the day he was brought to
Umuofia. I heard his cry, I have no choice but cut him down with my machete, I
can feel my heart broke into pieces all of a sudden. As
if my world had collapsed, leaving me disoriented and the things around me were
forever changed. I am haunted by my decision and it also emotionally affected
me like never before. I kills Ikemefuna to show my peers that I am not weak, yet
I have no idea how it actually hurts me, I just hardly imagine how much cruelty
did a man needed to kill his son. I can’t take it, I try to stay in control but
I just can’t think of the thing I did to you and it haunted me every night. I regrets my actions, but, as always, I have
to hide my emotions and I am not going to show my weakness. The only way to
make me feel better is through alcohol, I uses alcohol to suppress these
feelings of regret. I wonder will the sadness or grief ever ended? Or I will
carry my regret until the God take my breath away?
glitter-graphics.com
No comments:
Post a Comment