The ungrateful woman, Ojiugo.

Is there no limit for a woman apathy? Ojiugo, the ungrateful
woman was completely lazy and useless. How can she overlook her obligation to
cook for her man and feed her children with food? The anger welled up within me
as I knew that she has gone to plait her hair. She didn’t even apologize for
her negligence and carelessness when she came back and realized I was there
waiting for her. In my anger, I have forgotten it was the sacred week. I can’t
even recall how severely I’ve bitten her. Even when I was reminded of the ban
on violence, I just can’t stop the beating. After I have regained my conscious,
I realize that I have committed a great sin. The ungrateful Ojiugo was at
fault, but I would still have committed a great evil to beat her during the
Week of Peace. Ezeani urged me to look into my evil deed that I have done that
may eventually ruin the whole clan. I know that it violates the rule and
natural law, but I just can’t bear with her ungrateful attitude. I understand
the consequences that may leads to, I was afraid that the earth goddess whom I have
insulted may refuse to give us her increase, and we shall all perish. As a
punishment, I am going to make a ritual sacrifice as my apology for my wrong
deed. Although I was punished, I have no regret on beating that woman. She
deserved the beating and I will make her remember the price of being negligence.
Even after the ritual, I heard that the people were still talking bad about me
and the nso-ani that I have
committed. I afraid that it will affect my societal status after all as a bad
deeds are like a good bed; easy to get into but difficult to get out of.
No comments:
Post a Comment